Thursday, February 18, 2010

Great lesson learned

I heard a very profound piece of ministry yesterday. And it was AFTER I got out of devotional.

It's hard to forgive yourself sometimes. You are the one who must live with the emotional consequences of your actions, even if it was someone one else who was hurt by them. But after speaking with a friend of mine about that subject, I have a new perspective.

She told me of Jesus' words in John 20:23. "If you forgive people's sins, they are forgiven. If you retain people's sins, they are retained." I was too thick to fully understand what that meant, so she broke it down for me. I am a person. I'm in that group that God says to forgive, and if I don't forgive myself, that irritates Him.

If you're in the backyard with God throwing the football, and you drop a pass from Him, you have to get over that so you can get back to enjoying your time with God. He'll wait for you to quit kicking yourself, but get over the dropped pass. The only one more eager than you to do that is the Man Himself!

No comments: